Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Heal by Choice Retreats

 A few of you may already know that recently I started Heal by Choice, an organization dedicated to helping people find healing from grief and loss of all kinds. As the mother of two sweet baby girls in heaven, I am well acquainted with grief. I am also grateful to be able to sincerely say I am well acquainted with healing too.

Healing is possible if you choose it. I'm the living proof.

My last six years of healing have not been walked out in a straight line though. The healing that has taken place in my heart, which can not be understated given the depth of my sorrow, follows a line that looks like a mutual fund graph before the recession.  It is full of peaks and valleys inching ever higher slowly but surely.

It started out pretty rough for me. I'm an intense personality anyway so I approached my grief like I do most everything in life- ALL IN. Then I got so emotionally exhausted I bailed. ALL OUT is where I stayed for a while until I learned how to resolve my grief. Before understanding what resolving grief meant I was trying to beat my grief into submission. I hated my pain and I just wanted it to stop. I now know that resolution is the only thing that cultivates lasting relief. Discovering how to make emotionally complete what has been left incomplete changed my healing journey. It can change yours too.

I didn't just give it time. I used time and invested wisely into my heart so that I'd reap real healing, not just temporary relief.  My healing is not yet complete, fragments of my grief still rise to the surface and have to be resolved, but that doesn't make the healing I've experience thus far any less real. I'd like to think of my heart as a work in progress. All our hearts are a work in progress. That is what being human is about.

The problem is, healing, although ALWAYS POSSIBLE, can be difficult, confusing, and lonely. I feel like I've learned a lot the hard way and want to, if at all possible, help others avoid the Grief School of Hard Knocks I attended on my healing journey.

That is why I founded Heal By Choice. I want to help. I want to be a clear voice in the murky pain that is grief. I want to be a supportive and tender ally. I want to offer true, practical advice that cultivates deep and lasting heart-healing. I want to stand against the myths, misinformation, wallowing, stagnation, entrapment, and peer pressure that occurs in the grief support communities we seek for help and find little if any. I want to be a gentle teacher to a society that doesn't understand grief and lead by compassionate example to foster change. I want to wear my own healing heart on my sleeve for all the world to see and not be ashamed to choose healing today and everyday for the rest of my life.

Heal By Choice is taking shape a little more everyday. I've been working hard developing workshops, ebooks, videos, curriculum, and resources that support real healing and it's all generating positive feedback.

That is why I am so excited to announce Heal By Choice Retreat!

Heal by Choice's inaugural retreat will take place November 6th-9th, 2014 in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley of California. It is an intimate healing retreat for women seeking care and comfort for their hearts after the death of a child.  Heal By Choice Retreat is a safe place to share your story, connect with other women, and learn valuable tools and insights you can use for a lifetime to not just survive, but thrive, after a child dies.

This four day, three night all-inclusive retreat combines grief recovery workshops, daily yoga, trail walks, and a Teamotions tea tasting with healthy meals, special guests, and friendships to support your healing journey.

The Heal by Choice Retreat will be led by me and Crystal Tenpenny of Teamotions with special guests Carrie Pascual of The STILL Project and singer and songwriter Alisa Turner.

I've also decided to pour my  heart into not just one, but a series of healing retreats that focus on learning the skills and tools necessary to recover from grief and loss of all kinds. Grief is a part of life, but unfortunately most of us have not been taught the skills necessary to resolve grief and find healing.  This is not something we should be ashamed of but proactive about. Let's learn how to tend to our hearts, build supportive relationships, and foster hope and healing that lasts. Let's refuse to believe that some things are impossible to get over. Let's choose healing and change our own lives!

Please visit my website www.HealByChoice.com or www.HealByChoiceRetreat.com to learn more (and watch our short video while you are there!).  If you'd like to continue to receive information about this or future Heal By Choice retreats please join our Heal By Choice Retreat email list HERE.  Also, I invite you to like my Facebook pages Heal by Choice and Teamotions as well as the facebook pages of STILL Project and Alisa Turner.

Thank you again for beginning yet another new journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved