Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Retreat H.O.P.E. 2014!



I can't even believe that I am posting this. It has been a dream of mine for years, a longing in my heart, a wish...and it is actually going to happen. IT IS REAL.

I was approached a few months back by Kiley Hanish of Return to Zero to collaborate on an idea in her heart for a healing retreat for women who have had a baby die during pregnancy or early infancy. I immediately said yes and the rest is history. Retreat H.O.P.E will take place in Ojai on April 11-13, 2014. 

Since Aubrey and Ellie died in 2008 I have dreamed of a safe place where hurting moms could go to get real help and support with their grief. More specifically I dreamed of a place where the mother's heart would be the focus instead of just the memory of the babies we've lost. Don't misunderstand me, memorializing our babies is important and personal and has a valuable place in the grief process, but I've seen so many heartbroken moms lose themselves in their mission to see the memory of their child live on.

As I wondered through the darkest part of my grief I longed for a place where I could remember who I am under all the sadness and pain and learn to live again as my whole self shaped by my whole story, not just the part of my story that is Aubrey and Ellie's deaths. After all, Aubrey and Ellie's deaths is not who I am, it is something that happened to me. It is a part of my story, a significant part yes, but only a part, and who I am is still in there somewhere and she deserves a chance to reemerge and triumph.

I think sometime we need a little help remembering that the best way to honor the children that we miss so deeply is to pursue healing with abandon. We deserve to love ourselves as much as we love the children we lost. It is ok to ask the question,"what about me and my heart and my life moving forward? How do I live, not just exist, after loss?"  Retreat H.O.P.E. will help answer some of these questions but most importantly offer hope to heart-broken moms everywhere. Healing is possible. It really is. I promise you, it is.

Retreat H.O.P.E will be a weekend of rest and respite to women who have had a baby die in pregnancy or early infancy. The purpose of the retreat is to help women find Healing from grief, Optimism for their journey, a Plan for the future, and Encouragement from other women like them.

This retreat will focus on YOU. Our goal is to share valuable tools and insights that you can use over a lifetime to care for your body, mind, and heart in new ways after loss. Activities such as yoga, cooking, hiking, writing, and group discussion will help you to process, heal, and transform your grief.
Organic food and Teamotions well-being teas will complement your healing experience.

If you are interested in attending please visit our website www.retreathope.com. Or if you know someone who could benefit from this retreat please pass it along.

We only have 25 available spots so act quickly to reserve your spot. See you in April!. I look forward to hugging your neck and healing together.

It is time to give ourselves permission to heal and the tools to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved