Sunday, July 7, 2013

5 Years Without Aubrey

Five years ago today Aubrey Elizabeth left earth for heaven. Before she went she opened her eyes and looked at me. Her sister Ellie was waiting for her.

We visited the cemetery today to put flowers on Aubrey's grave. I watched my boys play in the cemetery. They know the rules now. Don't touch the other flowers or step on any headstones. And they even ask to visit the other babies. I find it both sweet and strange that they are so comfortable there.

I told my sweet girl that I am sure 5 years in heaven has been amazing and to wait for me. I cried today even though I didn't want to and before I left the only words I could manage were "I'm sorry."

I miss my sweet brave tiny girl. I miss her everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Rachel, your babies will always be a forever part of my heart, too. Missing them and crying with you dear mama...

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved