Monday, July 25, 2011

Lofty Goal

I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago that I am into lofty goals.

It is true. I am.

I like to set goals for myself that just might be over my head. I like to attempt things that I might not be able to do. I don't like to fail. I actually hate to fail. But success only feels good when the risk of failure is real.

Maybe it is the risk that thrills the most? I think for me it just might be. Not the kind of risk that might involve death or permanent injury, but the kind that makes you face real doubt, real fear, and real challenge-and overcome!

I also love tangible measurable accomplishments. I love to earn things that cannot be taken away. And I love the process as much as the end result.

So, I have set another lofty goal for myself. It is actually the continuation of a previous lofty goal that I didn't succeed at...yet.

TOUGH MUDDER TAKE TWO.

When: Feb 23rd, 2012
Where: Vail Lake, Temecula, CA
Why: Because I have to finish what I started.

Yes, I am going back for more. Willingly at that. I decided that I HAVE to slay this beast or it will nag at me for the rest of my life.

Of course I am nervous. Don't forget I have tried once before and didn't make it. Talk about facing doubt and fear! But I refuse to be intimidated. I am not looking forward to the cold (as that seems to be my Achilles heal) but I am going to train harder, wear more clothes, and fuel better. Simply put, I will be tougher this time around.

So, anyone out there want to join my team? Let me know, we can do this together. Also, follow along on my other blog The Perseverance Project and I will keep you posted with my progress. I'll post my workouts and training tips and anything else I think is important.

I look forward to earning my orange headband.

3 comments:

  1. If I could, I would sooo join your team! But I can't. So I'm going to pray for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm the same way. I found your blog one day and instantly connected with you. I'm a mom of twin girls that were born three months early and had to stay in the NICU until they came home. My heart has gone out to you so many times. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I would love to join you... maybe one day we will have to do a marathon together or something. One day! I will be in MN in October, I know it's a long ways from San Diego but there's a memorial service in Red Wing for Oct 15. Are you by any chance going?

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved