Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goodbye Aubrey

Three years ago today I had to let my Aubrey go.

Six days after we said goodbye to her sister we had to say goodbye to her. I had two worst days of my life in the same week. It changed me.

My little Aubrey was such a fighter. I remember how she liked to keep her hands above her head when she slept and how she would kick and pull at her tubes. My favorite memory of her though is how she opened her eyes a few days before she died. She had these beautiful smokey gray eyes and when I talked to her she would look straight at me. I remember how she closed her eyes for the last time while we whispered in her ear how much we love her and how much we will miss her. And then she was gone.

Today we will visit the grave site of my sweet girls to honor their memories and just check on things. I don't particularly enjoy visiting the cemetery as I know that they are not there, but I do like to check on things there just to make sure they are being respected and honored even after death. They are my babies after all and I feel compelled to look after them.

I miss you sweet baby. I miss you so much. Mommy loves you.

2 comments:

  1. thinking of you Rachel, what a special moment you got to share with your sweet girl.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing up here for you Rachel. I'm so sorry you are hurting like that. Thinking of you and your girls.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved