Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mud Run at Camp Pendleton

So, me and my gals ran in the annual Mud Run at Camp Pendleton on Saturday. It was a 10K with obstacles and yes, you guessed it, MUD. Lots and lots of mud. But it was A BLAST. Compared to the Tough Mudder it was cake. The weather was perfect, the people friendly, and the course was tons of fun. It felt so good to get out and run. We pushed ourselves, ran the entire time, conquered all the hills, and got covered in mud. I will definitely do this race again!

On a personal note it was especially wonderful for me because it restored some of the confidence I lost after not finishing the Tough Mudder. It also put into perspective just how tough the Tough Mudder really was. If I can offer any advice to those of you considering conquering a Tough Mudder it would be this: get a few "easier" races under your belt first. Do some mud runs and warrior dashes and things of that nature before you take on a Tough Mudder. It will only boost your confidence and increase your chances of success.

Here is a picture for you! I can't say enough about how proud I am of my girls! They killed it. I was so impressed by them and honored to call them my friends.

Laurie, me, Melissa, and Kasey post Mud Run

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved