Sunday, December 19, 2010

2011 Babylost Calender

When my daughters died I used to sit for hours and read blogs written by other moms who lost babies. It was comforting to know that I was not alone. Over time I formed friendships with those women. We have never met in person but we share a special bond formed not only by our losses but our desire to honor the memory of the babies we lost.

Two of my babylost friends, Carly Dudley and Franchesca Cox, put together a Life After Loss 2011 Calender using quotes from moms who have experienced the loss of a child. They asked me to contribute and of course I said yes. My quote can be found with the month of December.

Check it out. Let me know what you think.

...The Year Of The Babylost Calendar is a collaboration of raw, honest, beautifully haunting and uplifting quotes from bereaved parents and family members. This calendar has been put together by Babylost sisters Carly Marie Dudley and Franchesca Cox in honour of those family and friends left behind to face another year without their little ones. This calendar has been created in loving memory of Christian Dudley, Jenna Belle Cox and all those children gone too soon. We would like to give all our gratitude and love to the 10 beautiful women who volunteered their words and hearts for us to create this gorgeous calendar for 2011...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/carlymarie/calendars/6458519-3-by-carly-marie-dudley-and-franchesca-cox

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful words Rachel. Though I have never lost a baby, you're words are always such an encouragement. This was no exception.

    Love to you and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the calendar and it is breathtaking. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franchesca and Carly are both truly amazing. I hope my husband paid attention when I told him i wanted it for christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, I saw you posted on my blog! Can you believe, I think that's the first time anyone has ever asked me that question (coping with God's timing on my Marie going home and my Sarah arriving). It's funny because I think it's the very thing that sets me apart from so many and defines everything about our life moving forward. I have a million things to say about it now that I've been asked (thank you). I read your comment and just sort of sat stunned at the realization that no one had asked before (but you must think they've all thought it, I mean how could you NOT?). Then I just started writing and let all those things I have thought of to say over the months out. So I'll stop rambling... you can email me at shannonschlachter@hotmail.com if you like... and really, thank you for asking!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved