Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Feet

My sister-in-law took pictures for me of all the keepsakes I have of Aubrey and Ellie. I will post them all later, but tonight I wanted to post just this one. These are Ellie's hands and feet cast in plaster. I don't have one for Aubrey because she died in a different hospital. My amazing social worker Maria did this for us after Ellie passed away. I treasure these little precious gifts and when I saw this picture tonight I lost it. I miss my girls. After more than two years I still feel like it just happened. Those little hands and feet belonged to my baby, I touched them myself, and I'd give anything to touch them one more time.

4 comments:

  1. Every detail of them was fearfully and wonderfully made. Precious photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very precious keepsakes and they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those, they are SOO precious! And I understand, no matter the time passed, I feel like there are times i could just burst into tears like it happened yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    Just wanted to let you know I am passing the Lovely Blog Award to you. Your words have so often been an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved