Just an FYI for all my blogger friends who are anticipating the arrival of my little Colton James...my c-section date has been moved up a week. Don't worry, nothing is wrong. I just have a surgeon and a doctor with differing opinions on when this baby should be born.
Navigating the complexities of this pregnancy has been exhausting to say the least. The differing points of view between doctors are extreme and hospitals have policies that not all doctors necessarily agree with but have to abide by. So my options are limited in some respects despite my difference of opinion.
I will admit that I am a little frustrated. I was really hoping for a greater opportunity to go into labor and have this baby the good old fashioned way. But my desire for a natural birth has been controversial from day one.
My ultimate goal has always been Colton's health and welfare. I fought hard to make sure he went full term and wasn't poked and prodded unnecessarily along the way. I have been able to accomplish that. So far my pregnancy has been intervention free. He is camping out in my belly growing fatter by the day.
In a perfect world he would get to have the medication free all natural birth I hoped for him, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, something many of us are all too familiar with. So I have come to terms with this "compromise" because ultimately it puts a healthy baby in my arms and, lets be honest, that is the most important thing at the end of the day.
Sometimes my idealism has to be tempered with reality. But it still doesn't stop me from trying my hardest.
So unless I go into labor in the next three days I will have a c-section on Friday, July 23, at 38 weeks exactly. By 3pm I will be holding my little guy in my arms. I am pretty excited about that.