Friday, June 4, 2010

Announcing Teamotions-Aubrey and Ellie's Legacy

Those of you who have followed my journey here for the last two years know my story. But for those of you discovering it for the first time, let me welcome you and introduce you to my identical twin daughters Aubrey Elizabeth and Ellie Alexandra.

They were born on June 24th, 2008 at 24 weeks and 4 days gestation, three and a half months premature. We did all we could for them, but after seven days with Ellie and thirteen days with Aubrey, I had to do what no mother ever wants to do and let my little girls go.

I honestly didn't know how life would ever be ok again. I didn't know how I would ever be ok again. I was truly devastated.

In the days, weeks, and months after Aubrey and Ellie's deaths I drank a lot of tea. Green Jasmine was by far my favorite. To this day I can't smell the scent of jasmine and not think of all the hours I sat, tears streaming down my face, holding a cup of tea in my hand doing what I could to get through the saddest time of my life one minute at a time. Those cups of tea were often the only soothing moments of my day.

Little did I know that those cups of tea would soon inspire my daughters' legacy.

Grieving is a long and complex process. I honestly had no idea what I was in for. But I was determined to make it to the other side some how. I wanted my girls' lives to mean more to me than pain and sadness. I wanted to heal for them. I quickly realized that I needed a plan. Healing would not just happen by accident or when enough time had passed, it was something I would have to choose daily and fight for.

I started running, I attended a griefshare support group, I sought professional grief counseling, I made sure to eat healthily and get enough rest, I leaned heavily on my faith, and I started my blog Waiting for Morning. I had good days and bad days. I took steps forward and I took steps back. And I drank many cups of tea.

And when I got tired I poured myself a cup of tea to recharge with. When I felt overwhelmed I poured another cup of tea. When I needed time out to just sit and remember my girls with tears and smiles I poured yet another cup of tea. I started my day with a cup of tea and soothed myself to sleep with one.

Tea was becoming an integral part of my healing journey. Tea was truly helping me make it through.

Then one day my sister Crystal made a comment to me that she wishes there was something she could put in my tea to make me feel better. Knowing that nothing like that existed I decided then and there to create it. And in an instant TEAMOTIONS was born.

My sister and I joined forces to create a line of teas specifically for emotional wellbeing. Each tea contains a unique blend of herbs and botanicals that foster and support emotional health and healing.

After a year of really hard work we are proud to announce the launch of our (temporary) website www.teamotionstea.com. Official website coming soon!


I don't understand why my girls had to die. But I do know that the God whom I trust in will bring good out of such tragedy. And our tea just might be part of that good. I sure hope so.

Honestly, I just want to help. We created TEAMOTIONS teas with you in mind, so that whatever you are going through you don't have to feel alone in it. We are here to support you as you strive for emotional health and healing.

I would love to hear what you think.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat venture - all the best!
    (jasmine green tea is one of my favourites, too!)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I think!! So proud and happy for you in so many ways. I love me some Tea Thoughtfully....and Tea Peacefully....and all the Tea ***fully's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I hope it catches on quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with this. I thinks its a wonderful idea and I hope people catch on. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! I just found out! I am so glad you've finally done it! :) You should make a grab button for your teamotions site... just a thought. I'd love to put it on my blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved