It turns out that today is not the day to find out the baby's sex.
It remains a mystery for a few more weeks.
Although it was my understanding that we would be getting an ultrasound today, we did not. I also did not see my regular doctor so I am not sure exactly what happened. It is possible that the flow of information didn't trickle down or that I misunderstood. Who knows?
Regardless, no news.
I made sure to schedule a high resolution ultrasound before I left so on March 23 at 10:30AM we will find out for sure.
The doctor did do a less advanced ultrasound to try and see the sex of the baby but this little one did not want to cooperate. It refused to face forward and it kept its legs tightly crossed. It doesn't want us looking there I guess. I can't blame it.
I do have a great picture of the back of the babies head though! It was a very cute head.
But everything looks good. Mom and baby are healthy.
Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray as we wait another few weeks to find out for certain if it is a baby he or a baby she.