Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pre-Race Jitters

The Half Marathon is tomorrow and I definitely have the pre-race jitters.

I love them and hate them at the same time.

I love them because they remind me of league final basketball games, packing to leave for college, and the night before my wedding. Those are the jitters that mean something wonderful is about to happen. Something exciting or amazing.

I hate them because they also remind me of sitting in the dentist chair, watching my husband leave on deployment to Iraq (twice), and being told by a doctor that he has something very important to tell us. Those are the jitters that mean something terrible is about to happen. Something scary or sad.

Yet good jitters, bad jitters, or no jitters...

Life keeps happening.

Games won (and lost), college finished, wedding vows said, cavities found (and fixed), deployments over (for now), and races started and...

some never finished. Not in this life anyway.

Tomorrow I will run and I hope that I run well. But even after 13.1 miles my race will not be over.

Its just beginning.

I guess that is why I have the jitters. It is going to be a really long race.

But these are the good jitters. Something wonderful is going to happen. Something exciting and amazing. This might just turn out to be the best race ever.

And the half marathon?

I'll let you know how that goes too.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Somthing amazing is definantly going to happen tomorrow. You are doing an amazing thing and i know that your girls would be so very proud of you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I will be thinking about you and all our our angels. Thank you again for adding my sweet angels names to your shirt. So sweet of you! Can't wait to hear about the race. Aubrey and Ellie will be watching you and will be so proud of their mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those jitters, too. It's been a while since the ones before basketball games, though. but I get them before every race (that has a shot gun start, anyway). When you're done, we'll be here cheering you on as you keep running the rest of the race. Wishing you luck and keeping you in my thoughts.
    xxxooo
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be thinking of you tomorrow! I wish you all the best! You described your mixed emotions and jitters so so well. It is going to be amazing and I believe wonderful things are going to happen. Best of luck and you are in my prayers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you did GREAT!!! I can't wait to read all about it! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved